How can we help?
Foreigncy publishes at least one new course a month for each language. On average, most courses contain five lessons.
If you are a language instructor or teacher, you can sign up for a Teacher Account. Through your Teacher Account, you will have access to additional website features, which are detailed on our Pricing Page and our Teachers Page. These features include full access to our lessons and flashcards, classroom management features, and the ability to message your students and track their progress.
Yes. In your account settings located on your personal profile page, you can suspend or cancel your Foreigncy subscription, which renews every month. If you cancel your subscription you will maintain access to Foreigncy’s courses until the date of your scheduled renewal.
Because Foreigncy prepares you to read, watch and listen to real foreign language media, sometimes these items are removed by website owners or from YouTube. When that happens, use our Contact Us page to shoot us a note indicating the specific lesson that has been affected, and we will replace the lesson as soon as possible.
One of our new features Foreigncy offers is the ability for a user to create a Collection. A Collection is the ability to group courses of interest to you by topic so that you can more quickly access and focus on the courses and subjects that matter to you most. For instance, you can create a Technology Collection where you can group technology-related courses that you want to save and come back to in the future. You can access your Collections from your Personal Profile Page.
Creating a Collection
You can create a Collection from both your personal profile page in the Collections Tab or from our Course Menu by clicking the three dots that appear in the top right corner of a course box on the Course Menu.
After you’ve created a Collection you can add any course to it from either the Course Menu, your personal profile page, or once you’ve actually started the course. From the Course Menu, you click the three dots and simply assign the course to a Collection you’ve created. Afterward, the Collection will appear in your personal profile.
A typical Foreigncy course is composed of 5 lessons built around a related topic. The goal of a course is to help you build your foreign language vocabulary and proficiency around that topic. With every course you complete, you are awarded a badge based on the difficulty level. These badges are stored in your personal profile dashboard to help you track your accomplishments.
The goal of each lesson is to prepare you to read and/or watch foreign language media through our prepared digital flashcards and our timed click and match game. The video you are being prepared to watch is embedded on the lesson page and at the end of your exercises, you are taken to read an actual piece of foreign media on a website. Foreigncy’s lessons track your progress throughout the lesson to include the exercises you’ve completed, and your average flashcard score, the time it takes you to complete the click and match game. Lastly, you can easily export the vocabulary from our lessons to your preferred flashcard app and even save cards to your personal profile page where your overall progress, daily goals, and other tools are stored.
Foreigncy does not provide full transcripts of the lesson videos or provide a full translation of the foreign language articles into English. The goal of our lessons is to teach you the key vocabulary we’ve drawn from a foreign language article or video so that you can consume the media on your own and gradually help you build towards intermediate to advanced proficiency. Some of the videos for our lessons do contain subtitles to help you follow along and on occasion, the articles for the videos are a direct transcription of a video in the foreign language.
Sort of! By registering for Foreigncy without purchasing a subscription, you can preview all of our courses and lessons, including sampling our flashcards up to 5 cards. You can also watch the embedded videos and click our Read the Article button, which will take you to the actual foreign media you are being prepared to read through our prepared digital flashcards.
After you’ve previewed our courses, you can Sign Up for a $10 monthly subscription to gain full access to all of the premium features to include:
- Full access to all of Foreigncy’s flashcards and Click & Match game
- The ability to easily export all of our prepared vocabulary lists to your preferred flashcard app
- The ability to save flashcards to your personal profile page. This is a great way to retain vocabulary and focus on the vocabulary that is giving you the most trouble
- Access to a Personal Learning Profile & Progress Dashboard that allows you to set targeted learning goals, track your course progress and follow the badges you earn every time you complete a course
- The ability to create Course Collections. Our Course Collections feature is a way to organize by topic the courses that are of most interest to you on your Personal Profile Page. For instance, you can create a Collection called Politics and then save as many Politics-related courses under that heading.
- Access to our Flashcard Builder on your Personal Profile dashboard. Our Flashcard Builder is a tool that automatically generates flashcards from our lessons and can be filtered by language, topic, number of cards, and difficulty level
- Lastly, if your teacher or language instructor has a Teacher Account with Foreigncy, you’ll be able to communicate directly with them through the site and they can follow your progress
If your credit card information expires then your Foreigncy account will not be able to renew. In order to renew your subscription, you can log in to your account, click My Orders, and then click Pay next to the failed or on-hold renewal.
From there, you can enter your new payment information and regain access to your learning dashboard and Foreigncy’s lessons.